Have you ever tried detox teas? Do you want to know when is the best time to drink detox tea? If yes, then this blog post is worth reading for you. You will be surprised to know the health benefits of Detox tea and how it helps your body remove toxins. Let’s dive into it in this blog post.
What is Detox Tea?
Tea has been an integral part of many cultures, traditions, and religions. From 5000 years old Chinese culture to Queen Elizabeth’s to Indian “Chai,” tea has remained a trendy drink.
In 2021, detox teas are widely sold products that are geared towards helping your body expel toxins. Drinking detox tea has become popular amongst people who wish to strip their bodies of toxins and those looking to lose weight. Because detox teas are loaded with highly beneficial nutrients and detoxification enzymes that support the detoxification of your body.
Common Detox Tea Ingredients
In the above section, I have highlighted the function and “health benefits” of consuming detox tea. But that doesn’t mean all the teas are healthy. Some detox teas can be detrimental and may even lead to potential health issues.
For that reason, it is important to understand the composition and the ingredients before choosing a detox tea. Now let’s learn about some common ingredients found in popular detox teas.
- Ginger: is known for its detox effect. It is commonly used in green teas for flavor and detoxification effects.
- Peppermint: is a popular and common ingredient used in detox teas because of its many benefits, including digestive and stomach issues, dyspepsia, nausea, and especially for detoxification purposes.
- Rosehip is an amazing ingredient with wonderful benefits for your immune system. It contains levels of polyphenols, carotenoids, and vitamin C and E. All of these elements have antioxidant properties which are highly beneficial for your health.
- Chamomile: is widely used for its antiseptic and antioxidant properties. It’s an ingredient used commonly in detox teas for its relaxing effect. Chamomile helps you feel relaxed, promote sleep, and reduce stress. That’s why Chamomile tea can be a wonderful bedtime tea to wind down and relax.
- Echinacea: is an herb packed with superb antioxidants. These antioxidants can destroy the toxins that cause premature damage in our cells. It is also beneficial for stress relief and anxiety.
- Milk Thistle: has been known for centuries for its superb detoxifying potential. It is extremely beneficial, especially to repair liver ailments.
- Parsley is an herb and due to its amazing health benefits, it is commonly used in tea. It is rich in flavonoids, apigenin, and luteolin. All of these compounds have diuretic properties and help to expel toxins out of your body.
How does Detox Tea Eliminate Toxins From Your Body?
Our body is complex biological machinery.
Every second, thousands of biochemical reactions take place inside our bodies. These reactions help to maintain normal body functions and support a healthy life. But toxin accumulation can damage vital organs includes the stomach, liver, kidneys, etc. It can also cause diarrhea, sneezing, coughing, headache, heartburn, and vomiting.
Furthermore, there are many types of toxins. Some are environmental toxins that usually come from industrial places, including air pollutants, radiation, pesticides, and chemicals.
Another type is produced inside our body during the breakdown of food, in which our body uses food as fuel and breaks it into carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. But sometimes, they surprisingly start converting into toxic waste.
To eliminate these toxins, our body has highly sophisticated mechanisms.
Detox tea supports these mechanisms, keeps our organs healthy, and flush out toxins from our body. Detox teas are known for their laxative effects. These laxative effects promote the smooth movement of food through your digestive tract and help in expelling toxins.
When Is The Best Time To Drink Detox Tea?
An important and interesting question that may arise in your head is “when is the best time to drink Detox tea”? If you’re curious to know the answer, you are in the right spot. Let’s learn about it.
Even though you can drink your cup of detox tea at any point during the day, the best time to drink is during the morning time. This is because the morning is the perfect time to clean your body and to get a boost of energy for the rest of the day.
In the morning, your body has also just spent plenty of time resting and repairing itself and is ready for a body-boosting drink.
However, one thing you must be aware is that because of their diuretic effect, detox tead promote bowel movement and triggers your body to expel water through urine.
So, drinking it in the middle of the day will cause you to make additional trips to the bathroom!
Does Detox tea cause any side effects?
While Detox tea is an amazing product that helps your body eliminating toxins and it holds potential against diabetes, liver infection. But there are significant disadvantages to its use. These disadvantages include
- Ringing in the ears
We recommend you consult your physician before choosing any Detox products and avoid overuse.
The bottom line
Limited studies suggest that the consumption of Detox tea has potential health benefits for a multitude of problems, especially in reducing the risk of diabetes, anxiety, and digestive problems. If you’re interested in using Detox tea, consult with your physician before incorporating it into your routine, especially if you take prescription drugs.